• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 rebuild?

rfischba1

How can I tell if my 1970 Kaiser M35A2 has a complete engine overhaul, has 34,000 miles w 1350 hrs. Looking into the vaules it looks real clean. several depot tags are on parts of the engine, anyway to tell if complete overhaul war done . Tach and speedometer look orginial.

houdel

If the engine had been rebuilt it would have a rebuild tag on the side of the engine with the location and date of the rebuild, along with data such as rod and main bearing sizes, etc. Usually at the time of a depot overhaul the speedo and tach are replaced to show zero miles and hours.

breelanr

Check the build date on the engine. I have a 1968 M109A3 with what appears to be the original speedo and tach, but a newer replacement engine dated 10-82, not a rebuild.

ida34

Truck depot rebuilds will have a depot rebuild tag on the dash and will have a generic data plate with a place to put in the manufacturer of the truck (actually just the frame).