• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Rifle mounts

jpinst

Has anybody installed the rifle mount kit on the M35? I have a brand new NOS kit, but it seems like a lot of drilling to get it installed. I see it in the manual as a listed option. Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks in advance

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna mount one to the left of the driver and one to the right of the glove box, but I have decided to center mount them. I just need to find the angled bracket.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to Ruppster, I have a cool mount for some rifles, but, I searched and do not see any "official" installation directions for the Deuce. Anyone got a pic of one installed or a copy of the installation diagram? Oh yeah, it's the dual, center mount that bolts to the left of the glove box.
TIA, Will
I just re read the post..from the top :oops: Dean, got a copy of the install drawings?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just ordered three complete kits for my two dueces and my M818 they were resonably priced but now I lost the link for the place I ordered them from. Jetnoise400 sent me the link and I mistakenly deleted the PM that had the link in it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Armysurpluswarehouse had them real cheap but shipping was more than the item. Just the same I just bought 2 kits, 2 sets of pioneer tool straps and 2 prs of hood hold downs from them

desertfox

I'll tell you a secret. You can purchase them thru Saturn Surplus for about $26. They are nos with instructions and all brackets.
One of my deuces came with a pair mounted on each side of the back side of the cab beside the seat.
Some what inconveinient in that location due to the seat belt, but they are out of the way and cannot be easily seen from the outside. I will be mounting the 2 sets on the dash. When we go to the range we usually take an arsenal and convoy in our deuces. The range officer loves it.

Pawnshop

I was going to mount one in my Deuce but the holes were not already there and I can't make myself mod the truck so I am saving the kit for my next one. I have a Rubber Ducky I was going to put in it for parades and display, and build a live AR-15A2 to ride along side the duckie where I could. I got my kit off of eBay and it came with mounting instructions, complete with drilling templates as I recall. Here is a photo I found somewhere, kinda krappy but it shows where it goes on the dash.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kits from Army Surplus Whse are NOS and have the directions, $9.95 ea. Shipping for 1 kit was $10.70, shipping for 2 was about $17.

wsucougarx

Does anyone have one or two of those spring loaded hold down things? Sorry for the non-technical description. I have 3 sets of rifle butt mounts and the forearm bracket but no spring thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks