• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 tranny lever function?

TaylorTradingCo

I was just taking apart one of my Deuces and noticed that the rod coming out of the top of the rear of the tranny on this particular unit has some stuff attached to it. I looked at all of my other trucks and they all have the little lever sticking out, but none of the others has anything connected to it. They all run forward and reverse in both high and low and only one has the winch on it and it doesn't have the lever either.

Can someone explain to me what this thing does?

I did notice that it seems to stick out further when you put it in reverse.

Derek Taylor

Attachments

Barrman

That rod tells the transfer case which direction the truck is moving. It was used on the older non air shift "Sprag" transfer cases. Your other trucks are air shifts I take it?

You need it for the Sprag truck. It is just a reverse light actuator waiting for a switch on the air shift trucks.

Reactions: FMJ

TaylorTradingCo

Many thanks...

I knew you guys would have a quick answer for me. The entire dash had already been strippd out of this thing before I got to it. I just assumed that they took the air switch too. I have 8 others that all have the air shifter thing, so I just assumed they were all the same. I had heard talk of the Sprag shifter, looks like I got one.

Derek Taylor