• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 trek from Florida to Texas=FAIL

sunbrn

I picked up an M35 deuce and half for a friend of mine a few weeks ago and he came by today to drive it back to Texas. Well, he didn't make it very far and I believe he threw a rod out the side of the engine over in Alabama. We are going to figure out how to get it back here tomorrow and then figure out what the best course of action there is for the truck. Fix the engine (replace) or just sell it as is with a bad engine. Any ideas on getting parts or another engines for these things? It's a 1971 model with a six cylinder.

Attachments

ARYankee

Nice looking truck. Sorry about the issues. It's always good to get a few guys numbers off here that will be on your way on a long trip like that, so if something happens you can get some help. You do have the parts truck option. That way you would also have spare parts for it too.

littlebob

I would check for a place to store it as close to the mishap as possible till your friend can decide what to do with it and whats wrong with it. It could cost as much as its worth with a thrown rod, to transport it. You may be able to find a member here that has space to store it while you/he decide the best plan.

vinny-socom1

Matt(greenarmygem) lives up in Live Oak, FL just off on I-10 he has a wrecker and many engine's /parts at his shop you might want to give him a call, you could probably leave the truck at his place if needed.

Vinny

sunbrn

Thanks everyone for the ideas.
We haven't decided if it is better to tow it back to my place here in FWB, Fl or somehow get it to Houston. It'll most likely get sold as is or used for parts for a couple of others he has.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moral of story: Don't buy trucks 4 states away from you when you can buy the same thing in your own state for the same price.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are we to assume that FWB is Fort Walton Beach? That's the only thing I can think of.

ctmustang

Moral of story: Don't buy trucks 4 states away from you when you can buy the same thing in your own state for the same price.

I bought a truck 5 states away but was lucky it came all the way home with no problems. It was the adventure for me. If it had broke down it would just have to be transported home. Life on the ragged edge.:twisted:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yep, on the ragged edge.. Well sunbrn, try and get it somewhere safe, and if you are going to sell it, OK, but as with anything like this there are expenses large and small. Look at it this way - if the truck had no other problems, then you know it is good except for the engine. Replacing the engine could give you a truck with no problems and that is worth a very large peace of mind. That's the way I look at it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks