• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 wheel cylinder

Rocco

is it cheaper/ worth it to buy the rebuild kit for them
or just go ahead and buy some new ones.
what comes in the rebuild kit for the wheel cylinder just the 1 3/8 rubber piece's?
And how much are the rebuild kits?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess it would depend on if the cylinder was pitted beyond reuse. I'd buy a couple of new ones and the same ammount of kits and build them as needed.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did the wheel and master cyls on the 105. It's been forever since I did a rebuild on any brake part. If they are in good shape, do the rebuild. It's fun!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a diehard fan of rebuilding them. If they are beyond economical repair, I'll replace. Even new cylinders I buy get torn down and inspected, never know how long they've been on the shelf. Kits run under $7 from a dealer and about $13 from NAPA. I buy my kits from www.odiron.com as they are fresh.

jasonjc

The kit from OD Iron and Teds are Star brand. They come with a new spring 2 rubber cups and 2 new outter seal boots. I rebuild mine I've got an extar set so when I do a truck all I have to do is put them in. And then in free time I sand blast , hone , paint and replace the parts in the old one's. Then I have a set for the next truck.

WW2Chevy

Just curious why this is in the WWI / WWII >> CCKW forum and not the "the Duece" ?? The price and availability of CCKW wheel cylinders is NOTHING like the apparent availablility of M35 cylinders :(

Rebuild kits

Kenny,

Do the ones that you buy from NAPA have the pistons?

The ones that I found only came with the cups and caps on the ends. I found that by going to a good truck brake shop you can buy a box of the cups a lot cheaper.

If the pistons are scored, it is usally from rust and then there are usually pits and I trash them. I found that even if you hone the pits that it will still rust there. You can try it by letting the cylinder sit out for a few days and see if the rust will return.

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Rebuild kits

John, I can't afford ther NAPA ones. I used to buy them from Teds Trucks and now ODI.