• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 windshield frames

spentshell

Has anybody replaced the lower windshield frame on there truck,mine are totaly rotted and it drives me nuts besides it look like crud.Is there a manual that shows a parts diagram of the windshield assembly and wheres the best source for the frames. I have seen whole windshield assemblys for sale from various sources but I dont really need the whole assembly.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I bought new windshields for something like $135/140 each from www.csihmmwv.com . They are the Korean ones, I believe that is all that is available new. They don't leak too bad at the sides and bottom (they come with new seals) but they do leak like **** at the top, so when you install them, I'd run a bead of silicone on them.

If you want the good US ones, you have 2 choices. Find a good set of takeouts or take yours apart, sandblast and paint the steel frames and have a glass shop cut you some safety glass to fit and rebuild them.

Bill W

Your talking about the one piece 3/4 frame ( sides/bottom ) that use to be the only thing avalible, I see a few pop up on e-bay every now and then.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These rusting out has been a problem since the inception of the design. Why someone doesn't make them or at least the U shaped piece in stainless, bewilders me. The top piece with the hinge rarely rusts out. I got a complete windshield assy a while back and its Canadian made. Sadly, the one glass is starting to fog at the edge already.

acetomatoco

Heck, from 1949 til now on original frames ain't too bad... look at some Cucvs if you wanna see rust... I just takes em apart from the trucks I scrap and a little wire brushing, and some good primer and OD topcoat and a $35 piece of glass and some black RTV and back in business... same for the door glass...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That might be a good reason they are fogging. I got it from Sarafan when they were down here.

spentshell

Nice,thanks for the link Bruce.Overall the frames are in good shape except for the passanger bottom which is totaly rusted out , I'm probably going to replace it .

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice looking M37, Bruce. Welcome to Steel Soldiers. :beer:

Man, Trident has all sorts of M-series goodies, did you guys see all that steering linkage they offer?

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I replaced mine a while back because they were scabbing like yours. My new ones are Korean and work fine. The reason they rust is because water pools in the bottom frame. When you drive after it rains (I wish it would) it leaks out the bottom corners. I'm going to install a drain hole so that stuff can get out.

Bill W

I put 2 trident windshields on my first deuce back around 2001 and they're still holding up fine.

Bruce
Your 37 is looking darn good

M-37Bruce

Trident

Bill W said:
I put 2 trident windshields on my first deuce back around 2001 and they're still holding up fine.

Bruce
Your 37 is looking darn good
Hey Bill, Hows tricks, you gearing up for the holidays?
halftrack,
The last time I checked........hold your breath, trident was letting the units, complete go for.........whisper-whisper, now this was four/five years ago........$85.00, the dealers went nuts when I blabbed it, made Henry promise not to sell 'em so inexpensive!! That is why I said if you are near, or live in SO CAL, & can walk in the front door, they will be able to make a deal for you. I'm sure they have gone up some. Give 'em a call, if enough guys get together, he might do a bulk purchase, wholesale price?
Good Luck,

M-37Bruce

Re: RE: M35 windshield frames

clinto said:
Nice looking M37, Bruce. Welcome to Steel Soldiers. :beer:

Man, Trident has all sorts of M-series goodies, did you guys see all that steering linkage they offer?
Thanks for the welcome everybody! I am so close to being finished, now I'm looking for another project, maybe an M-38 or even older jeep?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks