• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 wiper motor - repari or replace?

rockman

I just replaced my windshield glass and now am installing the gaskets (thanks to saturn). My last item is to get the driver side to work. Air is good, squirted some good air tool oil in and it just goes to the right side and stays. I tried everything and am now wondering if I can rebuild it or replace it. I am heading over to Ohio this weekend and can stop at Sam Winers if I need to.

thanks, Bill in PA

MVPA 21439

liljohn

I've got the same issue. Was planning on trying to repair mine. In fact I will give it a shot this weekend. Want me to let you know how it goes before you buy anything? Will probably do it saturday sometime.

liljohn

Time to play a little "Good news/bad news"

Good news is most of the wiper motor is very easy to dissasemble. Just pull out whatever screws are standing in your way. Just as easy to put back together.

Bad news is the area where the problem lies (for me at least) doesn't come apart at all - it's sealed up and glued together. :(

This is the end where the tubes come out and the little red button is. So I just took the end off and sprayed some Marvel's Mystery oil into every opening I could find, I'm gonna let that sit for a bit and see if maybe that helped out any.

jwaller

my red button is stuck in and the wiper motor just goes to the right and stops. lemme know if this works for you and I'll try it with mine. sounds like there isnt much you can do other than replace it if this doesnt work out.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While it is apart, you can try to blow air in the holes, and get it to shift the vavle inside. Cleaned mine before, and it works now. Still one side runs better than the other.

Dennis

Last edited:

liljohn

Well bad news is in, it seems to be seized up pretty good. I know it worked once upon a time, but the truck has sat for looooong periods.

In this case it seems that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Lube your wiper moters periodically!!

That being said I would still try this on yours. You might be lucky and it might not be seized up as bad as mine was.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Anybody know how to get the red button to pop back out? I pressed mine in and it too quit working. I was able to get one to pop out on my other duece before by turning the air all the way up but its not working on this one.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a scribe and kind of hooked it out. Worked fine for a few months, went to excersize it last week, went all the way to the right and stopped...no biggie, just use the lever and move it back and forth, NOT, the stupid lever broke off in my fingers!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'll give the hook a try before tearing it apart. I spent a few hours yesterday getting ready for the rainy weather since it looks like "strom watch 2006" is coming on friday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks