• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M353 Trailer Price?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
What is a fair price for a M353 in great shape? Also, any way to search old GL auctions to see what they ended at? Thanks

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Update:

I won it, surprised me good. $245 + the usual fees. The great part is that it is only 40 minutes away. Pics attached, please let me know if you spot any issues. I plan to re-paint and add decking. Wish my Dodge had air brakes now :)

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking trailer, and a great price too.

Only problem I can see is...(and this is coming from hauling 2 home from GA a few years ago)...That trailer is WAY too big for your MEP-002a. You could mount several 002a's on it. On the plus side, you could make it completely mobile with a large auxillary fuel tank and the whole nine yards.

Nice score!

Scrounge41

I won 2 in December from Mac Dill. One was $195 and the other was $225. plus fees. The guy from GL was kind enough to stack one on the other for us saving us another trip. It was pretty sketchy for the pickup (one ton Dodge w/V10) because we had no trailer brakes.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I admit I super sized it, but all the smaller trailers were 500 miles away and 4x the price :)

This one came from MacDill also, it was a 1 off. Now to see how long until my EUC clears.

I rather like the idea of modifying it to fit the mep002a, a large fuel tank and maybe a spare mep002a. Great now I am addicted. Is there a ready to bolt on cover kit for the trailer like the smaller trailers have? I think a canvas top would look nice.

Another question, can I modify the brakes to be electric, or my truck to have a compressor? Thanks for all the details.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
The tag in the video says "Demil: C", but this is the text on the GL site:

PROSPECTIVE BUYERS ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THIS AUCTION IS COMPRISED ENTIRELY OF DEMIL B AND Q PROPERTY. AS SUCH, ALL WINNING BIDS IN THIS SALE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN END-USE CERTIFICATE (EUC), DLA FORM 1822.
So, is a EUC needed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks