• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Accessory Switch

Hummer Guy

So, I recently picked up a m35a2 off ebay for 8k, it's in very good condition. I was just messing around in it and was wondering, what if you shut it off and forget the accessories on? Will it just drain the batteries or actually cause some damage? I know its something that can easily be forgotten

DaneGer21

In my opinion, the simplistic nature of the electrical system for an a2, it would merely just drain your battery/ies. The absolute worst case scenario would be, depending on length of time it was left on, and amount of fuel, it MAY be possible to burn up the in tank pump.(but that could happen any day while in actual use)

47to70

I put a knife switch on my batteries, any time it's going to be parked for any length of time I cut the batteries off. It's too easy for something to get left on. AND have young grandkids that love to play on the old gal.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was a problem for the Army, apparently if you leave the accessory switch on for hours, fuel will get past the injectors and cause the dreaded hydrostatic lock. That’s why good soldiers were supposed to crank the engine with the fuel control pulled out at first and then push it in after a few revolutions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks