• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Alternator/Generator Needed

SierraHotel

The back bracket on my alternator used to be cracked. After a test run yesterday, the front and rear brackets are both history.
Obviously I am now in need of a new…actually good used…alternator. Anyone got any extras they wish to part with inexpensively?

FormerNewMVGuy

kublos surplus has them for $225 + shipping, I belive they are military rebuild's .
I have one that the bracket was cracked and then broke, I fixed it with JB Weld , Still holding! I have one that has a bad armature but the case is good.

beaubeau

If you know any rebuilders, have them modified and do up anDelco remy to replace yours. It cost me 125.00 for new-rebuilt. You can modify Alt. brackets to accept the Delco. I also had one done up for my 24 volt Excavator, and was simple to chance. Good luck, Phil

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M35A2 Alternator/Generator Needed

beaubeau said:
If you know any rebuilders, have them modified and do up anDelco remy to replace yours. It cost me 125.00 for new-rebuilt. You can modify Alt. brackets to accept the Delco. I also had one done up for my 24 volt Excavator, and was simple to chance. Good luck, Phil
Yes, if you don't mind keeping it original a standard Delco Alt. can be made to work on 24 volts.