• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Bird House??

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
About 2 1/2 months ago one of my Deuces got driven to the back field and sort of abandoned. :cry:

Today I took the JD Zero Turn mower back there to cut the grass and found the Deuce nicely camouflaged.:shock::shock::shock:

I was going to pull the vines off the truck but when I got close a small bird flew out from a nest in the grill area!! I was gonna crank it up and move it out of the "vine grove" but the lil birdie needs the truck more than I do right now.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nearly every year, I find a few robins have nested in, on or under one or more of my trucks.

They also nest in the fuel can brackets on some other stuff around the yard.

Once, I needed a truck that had a nest on the rear tire. I carefully moved it to the truck beside it and taped it to the tire to keep it there.

No objections by the mama...

74M35A2

I pulled a bunch of that stuff like that off an abandoned boat on a trailer in a storage lot while wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Had poison ivy everywhere on me for over 2 months afterward.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nearly every year, I find a few robins have nested in, on or under one or more of my trucks.

They also nest in the fuel can brackets on some other stuff around the yard.

Once, I needed a truck that had a nest on the rear tire. I carefully moved it to the truck beside it and taped it to the tire to keep it there.

No objections by the mama...
I know the feeling!! One year we had to leave the M211 back from the Veterans Day Parade because a momma bird had built her nest on the truck. I would REALLY have to need something bad to destroy/disturb any of God's lil creatures home.:papabear:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black Widow.jpgUp here in the High Desert it's spiders, especially Black widows. They love hiding in my spare tire pile, and in the tail gate chain covers on the Deuce and M105A2. A little Brakleen though, and their gone.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Argh, I despise any type of vine system except grapes. I pulled down some crazy tarzan vane a few weeks ago. Had to be an inch and a half to 2 inchesin diameter.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
STEELSOLDIERS have BIG HEARTS ! ! !

And that's all I'll say about that (ala Forrest Gump).

Our Deuce is "topless" and we have a BIG tomcat in the neighborhood that loves to sleep in the cab. Thankfully he has never used it as a litterbox, so he's a welcome freeloader.
Our dogs get excited if they see him in transit, but OUR cats seem to enjoy his company.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks