• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Brake issues

kenny45

First off hello, I am new so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong area. I recently bought a M35A2, I drove it home with no problems. Once at home I checked the brake fluid and it was fine, and then a few days later I had little to no brakes. I checked the fluid again and then bled the brakes, thus leaving me with no brakes. I haven't seen any leaking from the back side of the tires, decided to take the front hubs off to inspect the wheel cylinders, both wheel cylinders were fine and the brake pads were non-existent, and my wheel bearings were in bad/need of replacement as well. I replaced all wheel bearings and brake pads on the front axle, bled the brakes again and the peddle still goes straight to the floor. I checked the boot around the master cylinder, it wasn't leaking. I have little knowledge on these types of vehicles and am learning as I go, but I am at a loss of what to do now. I have read quite a few of the TM's. Since everyone else on this page probably has a way better understanding of these vehicles than I do, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or could give me some troubleshooting tips on where to start for my description. Any and all ideas and help would be very appreciated. Thanks again in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It is a single circuit brake system.

If the front was bad, I bet the rears are too. Time to dig in to them also.

The reason I first mention SINGLE CIRCUIT is because if ONE part on the brakes fail, they all fail!

Once you go through all the brakes, you bleed the air-pack first, then the rear axle(right & left), then the middle axle(right & left), then the front(right & left).

This thread should help:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?121471-M35A2-Brake-Issues

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you bleeding the air pack as well? Any leaks at the air pack?

edited to add, I should have read gimps post first.... He covered it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks