• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 conversion m35a3

comdiver

My understanding is that some of the m35's were reworked to the m35a3 specs. When they were rebuilt what did they use for a data plate? Did they leave all the old plates and add a plate showing the changes? Was the ID number changed. Any photos?

Crazyguyla

Some trucks were repowered, most were refurbished. I've seen most M35A3's in guard and reserve units. I think the reason for the extended service plane (ESP) for the M44 series vehicles, was for reserve and low priority active units to have modern drivetrains in vintage trucks ;) I know of a few staes that have ESP programs setup at the Combined Support Maintenance Shop? (CSMS) to rebuild old M35A2's into M35A3's. I know texas has/ had a shop in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. I so wanted to work there LOL.. Hope this helps. Go ahead an correct me if I'm talking out the side of my mouth LMAO