• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 deuce and a half wheel hub bearing operating temperature

V8srfun

For those of you that regularly check your hub temps what are you seeing. I am in the process of replacing all of my seals/boots and packing the bearings and want to know what is normal when I am done. I did not monitor temps before service but I do know that one of my hubs was noticeably warmer than the rest on the last drive. When I had them apart the seals were leaking in to the bearings and most of the grease was washed out.

Reactions: HDN

runk

I was going to post some of the relevant threads, but there are a ton of them! If you want to read through some, go to Google and search on :
site: steelsoldiers.com deuce hub temperature

I checked a couple, just to verify my memory and experiences with my truck.
With properly adjusted bearings (and brakes !) hubs will typically run 120-130F after a little highway driving.
Not too hot to touch, but hot enough that they are uncomfortable to touch for very long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks