• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 filters and fluids

deuceman51

I wanted to know what the verdict was in filters for the deuce. I am between WIX and Baldwin right now for fuel and oil filters. I have a much better buy on Wix right now, but does anybody swear one way or another that one is far better than the other one as far as filtration and fit. I mainly want to know which ones fit the best and work the closest to OEM short of spending $18 plus ea. for mil filters. I am not interested in converting to spin on at this time as the replacement filters are still quite reasonable. I will be getting a donaldson air filter because I know the CFM isn't right on the other brands. I also wanted to know what you guys are using for fluids in the deuce in the tranny, transfer, and steering box? I have Rotella T for the engine and regular 80/90 gearlube for the differentials. Thanks in advance.

sprucemt

50-50 chance on being wrong or right. I say stay with military issue and exact spec as per your age and type of vehicle. Others go higher tech or high tech. The fuel filters should be genuine issue. If you look at all the other post's on this subject, you should be able to see why. Specialy on the primary fuel filter. My feeling, buy the best that you can buy, not buy the best deal thats out there.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I replaced my mil spec filters (after the great laquer thinner debacle) with Car Quest filters.

The gasket was slightly bigger but I made it fit.

No leaks so far.

I bought Fram filters from Advance to take with me to pick up my new trucks.

They were a lot cheaper that the mil specs and Advance got them in one day.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the wix filters because they come with the gaskets. Alot of filters don't. And that's alot less hassel.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy them from Memphis, White Owl, etc. They will come with all the correct stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks