• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 fuel in oil

bassetdeuce

Cool!

I would bet that the PMCS depot has a huge tank full of 15W40 oil with an electric pump on it. Someone probably wasn't paying attention to the meter on the pump.

-Chuck
Yep. Never thought of that, but I'd bet that is what happened. I was concerned about the rear main seal after that fiasco, but I drove it another 550 miles and the oil level stayed normal. Also, I didn't notice any diesel smell on the stick after the trip, so I don't think I was "making oil" at a rate that would match a leaky rear main. Oh well, interesting recovery nonetheless.

stumps

Another way to end up a gallon or so overfull is to not drain both sumps on the oil pan, and then dump in the full 6 gallons.

-Chuck

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
a fuel leak that i have not seen mentioned is the booster pump shaft seal. these trucks are getting old and the seals are getting hard. mine was leaking so badly it was a trickle. just pull the pump out and run the in tank pump to confirm it is leaking. seals are about $6.

tom

tater575

My m35a2 has a very bad fuel leak (diesel) that is mixing in with the oil somewhere to the point it is dripping all over at a steady flow. My FDC was bypassed by the military when the truck was rebuilt so I know the problem cant be there. I have read about the Flame Heater being an issue, is there a way to bypass this and would it even be a cause for this problem? and how does a guy go about bypassing it if it is? I also was wandering if it could be an o ring or seal problem in the injection pump. I ordered a new injection pump seal and o ring rebuild kit just to be sure, but looking forward to hearing back from you guys. thanks

wildbill88

a fuel leak that i have not seen mentioned is the booster pump shaft seal. these trucks are getting old and the seals are getting hard. mine was leaking so badly it was a trickle. just pull the pump out and run the in tank pump to confirm it is leaking. seals are about $6.

tom
Where is the mechanical boost pump located and where did you get the seal a part number might also help

Breach27

Same problem here. I have disconnected the FDC, removed heater and replaced all three o rings. Next step is the booster seal. Fingers crossed

Ken Borrell

I have diesel fuel in the crankcase oil. Everyone seems to know the problem but what I am looking for is a step by step process to replace the o-rings. Is there such a site????Kenny B

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks