• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 injection timing

23st52

I am very green to this venue and I admit I know enough to be dangerous. That being said I do need help. I recieved a m35a2 1968 model with a 1987 model white engine. I recieceved it not running and found that there was a shaft in the injection pump sheared off where the drive goes from horizontal to vertical. I have aquired all the pieces to reassemble the pump but lack some important knowledge. I believe I know how time the pump itself but I don't know how to retime the pump to the motor. If I assemble the pump with the half moon to put the head on and the red mark lined up where do I need to have the motor set crank position and stroke (pump is still on the motor)?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS and the OD Green madness.

The Deuce and the related manuals are covered in the Deuce Wiki
Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

I also use the LDS trouble SHooting manual as the LDS and the LDT engines are very simular.

Look at section K on page 39. It covers the injector pump timing.

http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=57

Setting the timing is not very hard and can be completed in a few minutes after you have done it a couple of times.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you did not take the pump off the engine it should not need retiming. the timing pointer for engine timing is under the small cover with 4 small bolts. this timing should not be confused with the ip head timing which is entirely different. this is because the ip head plunger rotates one revolution for each 2 revolutions of the crank. i assume you are replacing the quill shaft, so you may need to remove the pump from the engine to align the drive keyway at the right spot to install quill, see pages 3-71 onward

tom

23st52

really great information so far I am going to try and spend time on it this week thank you for those that chimed in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks