• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 M11 decon bottle mounting

Darylfraser

I recently became obsessed with mounting an M11 Decon apparatus in our 71 deuce. After scouring the threads, I discovered that there was not a lot of info on the “proper” mounting location. I’m sure the motor pool stuck them wherever they could at times similar to fire extinguisher locations!
I found a beautiful NOS M11 at the Weare Rally in July at a good price, complete with the hanger and spare cartridge. Now for the correct bracket. Mike Virilli of Big Mikes Motor Pool came through for me. Not only did he find the correct bracket but it was NOS, still in the sealed box with fasteners and instructions! Christmas was here! My kids do not understand how one could get so excited about a green metal bracket. The instructions have probably been copied from the originals 50 times so the text and reference measurements are a little hard to read but the birds eye diagram was very useful in placement. Basically the rearward outer bolt hole is 6 inches out from the center line of the shifter and nearly flush with the forward edge of the shifter opening in the trans tunnel. Drilled the requisite 4 holes in the trans tunnel and done. Why a decon bottle? Why not! This is my first original post and the information provided by all the members is priceless.
6AFEA828-F0AE-461E-87D9-7F74E576DEB9.jpeg
7167E29D-72C4-4B65-807A-8F74E04B14F2.jpeg5855EDDE-9B5C-481E-B981-12D0F6F62ED2.jpeg659B8482-D65D-4BF7-95B5-629064F22AA4.jpeg4CDF2A2A-3850-43A7-8BE3-80C27E7BAC56.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I recently became obsessed with mounting an M11 Decon apparatus in our 71 deuce. After scouring the threads, I discovered that there was not a lot of info on the “proper” mounting location. I’m sure the motor pool stuck them wherever they could at times similar to fire extinguisher locations!
I found a beautiful NOS M11 at the Weare Rally in July at a good price, complete with the hanger and spare cartridge. Now for the correct bracket. Mike Virilli of Big Mikes Motor Pool came through for me. Not only did he find the correct bracket but it was NOS, still in the sealed box with fasteners and instructions! Christmas was here! My kids do not understand how one could get so excited about a green metal bracket. The instructions have probably been copied from the originals 50 times so the text and reference measurements are a little hard to read but the birds eye diagram was very useful in placement. Basically the rearward outer bolt hole is 6 inches out from the center line of the shifter and nearly flush with the forward edge of the shifter opening in the trans tunnel. Drilled the requisite 4 holes in the trans tunnel and done. Why a decon bottle? Why not! This is my first original post and the information provided by all the members is priceless.
View attachment 877094View attachment 877097View attachment 877099View attachment 877105View attachment 877110
Well Dang! That is pretty neat... Bet nobody else has one mounted in their truck. Especially since your own looking kinda says the same thing. Yes, bless your poor children. :) Their daddy got bit by the Green Bug like the rest of us...

Looks like you and the family had a good time at the rally too!
That may have been were you were exposed to the green disease.

Welcome to the Outfit!

ROFLPIMP.png

Darylfraser

Well Dang! That is pretty neat... Bet nobody else has one mounted in their truck. Especially since your own looking kinda says the same thing. Yes, bless your poor children. :) Their daddy got bit by the Green Bug like the rest of us...

Welcome to the Outfit!

View attachment 877120
We sure did, the rally was great fun and we will be back next year. Put 320 or so miles on and had a blast!

Horstman

Welcome to the Outfit!

View attachment 877120
Well I put one in my M817 and it look's good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks