• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2. Need new bearings & gaskets fort TRANNY.

BMCUSNAVY

Hello...... I need new bearings & gasket set for my 5 spd tranny in my 83 M35A2C. Upon getting on the road, the deuce runs great, then I started getting a vibration and as the truck warms up more, the vibrations gets worse, tranny gets difficult to shift and takes more rpm's to get going. I already replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing, etc. and still have the same issues. When I drained the tranny, there was sizeable fillings, both brass & metal. Took the tranny into 2 different reputable shops and they say everything looks great (tranny only has 2K since government overhaul). After driving the deuce I let the turbo cool off for at least 5 min. and I have a noise in the tranny. I have checked the transfer case fluid and its good to go. Anyone have any recommendations or point of contact for bearings, gaskets, etc. for the tranny...... Thank and I appreciate all you advice & wisdom.

Wayne Garlick
BMC USN(Ret)

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Hello...... I need new bearings & gasket set for my 5 spd tranny in my 83 M35A2C. Upon getting on the road, the deuce runs great, then I started getting a vibration and as the truck warms up more, the vibrations gets worse, tranny gets difficult to shift and takes more rpm's to get going. I already replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing, etc. and still have the same issues. When I drained the tranny, there was sizeable fillings, both brass & metal. Took the tranny into 2 different reputable shops and they say everything looks great (tranny only has 2K since government overhaul). After driving the deuce I let the turbo cool off for at least 5 min. and I have a noise in the tranny. I have checked the transfer case fluid and its good to go. Anyone have any recommendations or point of contact for bearings, gaskets, etc. for the tranny...... Thank and I appreciate all you advice & wisdom.

Wayne Garlick
BMC USN(Ret)
Try this supplier.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you looked to see if the driveline is in line? CCattlet had a HORRIBLE clatter driving down to the Ga rally. DH looked it over and the Tcase was at an angle it shouldn't have been. A couple shims, and it was like new. I guess you have greased all the zerks in the driveline? Checked the gear oil in the diffs? If a shop has looked it over, I doubt its the trans.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Oh yeah, I got a rebuilt trans that had teeth left in the bottom of it from being rebuilt. I looked inside(really Pizzed at this point) and not one tooth was missing off any of the gears. Sometimes I think they get lazy.