• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 or A3 ?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am currently finishing up restoration of my 1953 M37w/w and after having been bitten by the OD bug ,am looking to acquire a M35 as my next project . My question is what is the better MV to purchase , a M35A2 or A3 ? I have been looking into the pluses a minuses of both . I have been told if I go with the A2 ,I should look for a 1D multi-fuel engine . I like the newer A3's for comfort (HA) ,but you have to watch for trouble with the Allison trans. ( engine oil in the trans , what were they thinking ) The A2C's are still available on GL ,plus a lot of A3's lately . Why is the DOD getting rid of the A3's ,some look almost new . I like the CAT engine ,but the multi-fuel has been around a long time . I also noticed that they get ALL the money for a the A3's . At this point I am open to any info that I can get , you know , don't want to disappoint the wife with a bad ride , I bet she will just be besides herself when a DUCE shows up . I have been reading all the posts on deuce's to get all the info before I do something foolish . I should add that I have not done to much maintenance on a deuce , rode in them , but that's about it . I guess I should add that I have been wrenching since I was a young lad , many, many years ago (ASE MASTER Auto-Truck Tech) so hopefully I know what end of the hammer to use . thanks Bob k

KsM715

Per the forum rules: • Cross-post multiple posts or threads about the same topic. This includes either creating multiple threads about the same topic in multiple forums or the same thread repeatedly or posting the same post within multiple existing threads.
Moderators may delete any post in violation of the above policies with or without notice.

Why not delete this one and just go with the other one you started.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya , I kinda had a little faux-pas on that . How do I delete the one I do not need . As the wife says "If you knew what you were doing you would be dangerous " thanks bob k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks