• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 roof rack in progress

turnkey

Great work....Very well made...myself I use eggcrates and bungy cords....works for me......Looking at the rig you are making I would sid in the 2-350 dollar range.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome roof rack! I look forward to seeing it fitted to your truck. How does it mount?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always admire it when someone can fabricate in metal like that! The rack looks good. I thought you were going to build the Canadian Forces spec MLVW rack, but yours is a luxury version!

AZK9

Hey 81j10honcho...

Very nice work! This kind of project always has a way of inspiring me to get out in the workshop to build something creative of my own!!

As to your question:

In my opinion... the materials, construction and multi-use design that you've employed, is top quality. Builds like this take a
great deal of time, effort, tools and skill. All of that tends to contribute to a high cost for a finished product.

I can tell that you've got a lot of yourself invested in this rack, so I'd have to say it's one of those things that's
best described and/or valued as... priceless!

Keep up the awesome work and please keep us posted with your progress! Can't wait to see the finished product!

AZK9

... Very nice work! This kind of project always has a way of inspiring me to get out in the workshop to build something creative of my own!! ...
Hey Nick... Wondering if you have any pics, or info on the totally completed rack?

I tried the link (from the first post), but it did not seem to be working. Some additional
exploring of your website brought me to this link:

http://ncofab.ca/2015/05/27/m35a2-roof-rack-finished-100-images

The roof rack looks to be further along than I recall, but do you have any pics with
it 'painted' and mounted on your M35A2?

I know it has been a while, but I'd love to see them if you do! [thumbzup]

I'm thinking about building something to carry cargo above the roof of my deuce.
Possibly a combination, lightbar/cargo rack setup and I had hoped to gain a bit of
inspiration from what you had done! :wink:

If you get a chance... maybe post an update for us. :grin:

AZK9

You can reinvent the wheel but our northern friends already made a nice one. ...
Thanks, MWMULES. [thumbzup]

I've previously looked over that document and agree that it's a very nice rack.

With all the cold weather setting in, I was actually wanting to get myself involved
in a reinvent the wheel kind of project that might end up with a more unique design...
and... at the same time, keep me creatively active inside the shop, close to the heater! :wink:

AZK9

This is one of the pics from the rack project Nick had started.

NCOfab-roofrack-project.jpg

It's got all kinds of stuff mixed into the design.
Something like that would keep me busy all winter! :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks