• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Tires

GUNGIY

I am thinking of buying a M35A2, and I was wondering what size and tipe of tire do thay have?

GUNGIY

Thanks!

What whoud make good replacement tires on a truck like that? I thought about swamp bogers, but are those even rode legal? Any suggestions?

tsmall07

Some come with Michelin XLs instead of the NDTs. Mind did. You have to have a tire with a high weight rating to run on these things. There is no way a super swamper would hold up.

Heavysteven

Some come with Michelin XLs instead of the NDTs. Mind did. You have to have a tire with a high weight rating to run on these things. There is no way a super swamper would hold up.

I saw the same thing with 25 of the Deuces in Kennesaw GA that were out for bid (1-21-09 by GL). They appeared to be an excellent tire, similiar to what i have seen on 6x6 concrete trucks from LaFarge. Could you be more specific? Michelin XL...9.00 20's? Any idea on replacement price?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
11.00x20 Michelins XL's are a nice upgade, and you don't have to upgrade your rims. Anything bigger and you should get bigger rims. They are radials and you find them for $100 to $200. a tire in nice condition.

CGarbee

I just picked up a bunch of Michelin 1100r20 XL's from Berg in Fayetteville, NC. You have to check often with them as they do not stay in inventory long... :)
They also get in Goodyear G177 fairly often, they don't stay in the warehouse long either.

I looked at a M109 that came out of GA recently that was running on Firestone 1100r20 radials (have to get the number off them) that has a copy of the Michelin XZL tread pattern but with a much harder compound then the Michelins. They will wear better as a result, but they made the truck "twitchier" to drive than any I've driven with the Goodyear or Michelins mounted.

Tire life on these trucks is highly dependent on inflation, useage, and (for the front) if you have a winch mounted... I've gotten 15k miles out of a set of Titan 900x20 NDT (T-Hawk) on a rear of truck that ran up and down the Interstate from FL to GA on a regular basis hauling generators and such, but I went through two sets on the front axle (non-winch truck) in the same time period.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks