• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 trailer brakes

pigpen60

I dont know how to put this so, what trailer brakes are compatible with the m35a2 brakes? Will an air brake equipped trailer work with the m35 brakes? I would think there is no way to release the maxibrake on an air brake trailer?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The emergency glad hand on the deuce should supply air to release the maxi-brakes . I'm not sure if the service air is sufficient for operating full air trailer brakes .

sandcobra164

Yes. It also charges the air tanks on the trailer. The "Service" line that Porkysplace is concerned with only sends a signal to the trailer that the truck is engaging it's brakes, the trailer should do the same and in proportion to how much the truck is engaged. The trailers are equipped with relay valves due to the length away from the actuation source.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep.
I see sandcobra posted while I was typying.
The main concern I would have is if the deuce has enough air capacity , you may need to add a extra air tank . I know air steering will tax the stock air system .

Last edited:

fasttruck

When m52 tractors were in vogue there was a maintenance memo not to use them with 34t M872 trailers because of lack of air capacity. These have the same air pump as a m35. m818s were authorized as they have a bigger air pump. Reservoirs are the same between a m52 and a m818.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks