• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Transmission Swap ?

Smokindieseldually

looking for some advice. 1971 m35a2 , started getting a knocking in 5th…. Have not had time to pull the cover off and inspect yet. I’m located in Canada so parts have been somewhat difficult to find ! Question being I did locate a spicer 6353 and a spicer 6352 locally… with a bell housing swap would either of these transmissions be compatible in my deuce ?? Thanks in advance!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... with a bell housing swap would either of these transmissions be compatible in my deuce ??
No, not compatible at all...
There simply is not enough room for a 6352, it's almost twice the size (and weight) of the 3053. It also has a larger input shaft and output propeller flange.

Most likely you will find your 5th gear with one- or more broken teeth.

Hummer Guy

No, not compatible at all...
There simply is not enough room for a 6352, it's almost twice the size (and weight) of the 3053. It also has a larger input shaft and output propeller flange.

Most likely you will find your 5th gear with one- or more broken teeth.
I was about to say the same, and is there any transmission that's close to the same size as the 3053 that would have a better overdrive? I was thinking of the Eaton 11605A but they're hard to find and I'm not even sure what's the size of it

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
looking for some advice. 1971 m35a2 , started getting a knocking in 5th…. Have not had time to pull the cover off and inspect yet. I’m located in Canada so parts have been somewhat difficult to find ! Question being I did locate a spicer 6353 and a spicer 6352 locally… with a bell housing swap would either of these transmissions be compatible in my deuce ?? Thanks in advance!
Spicer bellhousings and input shafts are ALL interchangeable with each other. Least some engineer had a brain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks