• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 turbo exhaust gasket PN?

LanceRobson

M35A2 turbo upper exhaust gasket PN?

Does anyone have a good civy PN for the upper turbo exhaust pipe gaskets?

Thanks

Lance

EDIT Thanks for the replies. I should have been more clear. I'm looking for the upper gasket, above the "J" pipe.

Last edited:

Armada

Not civy numbers, but maybe you can cross them to one. (excuse the misspell)

Gaskets required, 1 each:

Attachments

Last edited:

joec

Well doghead been using it on everything for years. And yes on the exhaust manifolds from diesel to the headers on my truck we run at the races. Long story short It works. And does not leak. And we have egt's on every cylinder on the headers temps range from 1200-1400 degree's per cylinder and no leaking all season long . Witch is about 9 months long.

Me and about 1 million motor enthunsiast must be wrong..imagine that!

Don't believe everything you read..:roll:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't say you were wrong, I posted the manufacturer's specs. I imagine, most guys changing their deuce turbos, will want the job to last more than one season. That's probably why professional shops and auto manufacturers don't use it , instead of a gasket.

joec

It will last longer then 1 season. My friend has a 96 Peterbuilt 359 with a 425hp Cat. No gasket and not leaking with roughly 200,000 miles on the permatex. No leaks and was done right. I know I did it...We didn't have a gasket and he never got around to putting one in. The engine had a inframe at 500k with now just a bout 750,000 miles on it when we did it. He's around 1 million now give or take a mile. So It does work. It's not the right way but it works with egt's over 1,000 degrees. The option is left up to who is doing it. Tolerances aren't a issue. To machined surfaces together with permatex does a great job.

jwaller

orange rtv if you want. I don't bother even doing that. bolt it up without them and your fine. do you really think your going to hear a small exhaust leak over the sound of the truck?

joec

orange rtv if you want. I don't bother even doing that. bolt it up without them and your fine. do you really think your going to hear a small exhaust leak over the sound of the truck?

Sure you can hear it leaking. I could hear the 526cu BAE TAFC engine when the zoomys had a leak at idle. The Cat is not 3600hp like the FC engine but a lot quieter .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could deal with hearing it , I just wouldn't want to breath it, while driving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks