• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 turn signals

toddm

I am new to the mv hobby, I picked up my M35A2 w/ow today. My son and I had a nice 100 mile trip home and we both loved it. My question is, my turn signals seem to only work once in a while. Do I need just the flasher or the whole turn signal arm. Thanks Todd Martin :D :D

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck ToddM and welcome to Steel Soldiers. Where do you hail from? Need to put that in your profile or in a signature. The first thing I would do is make certain that the switch is well grounded to the steering shaft and that the flasher box (left inner fender) has good clean grounds. Grounding is a serious issue on the trucks and lots of the members will point you there first.

acetomatoco

If the flasher is mounted to the fender, you must be sure the fender has a good ground to the body and frame... sometimes you can remove and replace the wiring harness plugs a couple of times to get more reliable operation...star washers are good for grounding operations... Also remember that your main light switch has to be at least on the brake light position for the signals to work if they are wired by "code"... A single bulb with corrosion in one of the lights can make for flaky flasher operation, too...have fun.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Todd,

Also, important to make sure the connector on the back of the 3 lever light switch is screwed in tight, as well as the connector on the signal flasher which should be on the firewall or down on the fender, against the firewall on the driver side. I've found these connections loose on trucks and have had flasher problem. You and you son will enjoy this hobby, It's a great family hobby.

Very nice looking truck as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks