• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 voltage problem

dschuler

Hi, I'm having issues with my '68 Deuce. When I check the voltage out of the batteries, I get 24v but I know I should be getting 26+volts when the engine is running. It has what looks like the 25v generator with the external regulator. My question is... could it be a bad ground?? because it does it randomly. I'm mechanically inclined but new to the 24v world. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Jeepsinker

You should be getting 28-29v with the engine running. You need to do away with the old generator/ external regulator and replace it with either a civilian upgrade or the military 28v alternator. Too many failure points and modes of failure with that old setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks