• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 windshield wiper problems

Lenny

I'm slowly working my way through all the problems on this truck we recently bought and now I'm at the wipers. With 40 pounds of air registering, the drivers side wiper works fine however the passenger side will track to the right and not return. You can tell that it's getting air because it's under tension and hard to manually pull back. Also the red button on that one is stuck in and will not pull out. I read a couple of other posts on this but they didn't suggest what might be causing this and if it's repairable. If someone more familiar with this problem could please offer some further advice on how to repair (if possible) this motor I would be very grateful. Thanks Lenny

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lenny in general the air motors on you wipers are pretty foolproof, with that said they do have two things that CAN go wrong with them, one is AGE and the other one is dirt/dust. You can certainly take it off the truck and open it up and clean it out and lubricate wherever you feel it could use it but go sparingly on the lube and only use a very light oil. There is about a 90% chance this will cure what the problem is. The other sure fix is to just replace it with a NOS one, I am going to guess this will run you around 25 bucks and you are done.
Good luck
KK