• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2

roadkiller5

do cops give you a lot of **** when you are driving it

do you need a cdl to drive it in nj?
and are there ant restrictions on driving it on the street?

im looking to get one but i need some info

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been stopped once in my life in the deuce. It was in GA. I have many thousand miles of deuce seat time. CDL? Are you going to be in commerce?

kbush

Was shooting this guy down like that so necessary you *******s? Get real. He asked some perfectly natural questions. How the **** was he to know that he could search and find an answer to every one of his questions in this forum.

emr

U do NOT need a CDL in nj for a QQ or an antique truck ,U do NOT need to stop for inspection anywhere anytime, U are exempt,... In NJ....Your Deuce will not even be noticed as long as U drive it the way it was intended, slow and safe, and keep the lights on and stay in the slow lane, like the Mil, does. Since U may be a new deuce owner, I would be happy to go over a whole bunch of stuff I have learned about them over the years, pm me, I will foward my #.if U like. Some will say if U have air brakes in NJ U need a CDL< that was true for less than a year, it was quickly over turned by trucking industry lobying here, it is a weight thing Only, ...in NJ....and does not affect your truck this way either, so i am assuming U are running antique plates of course, other wise there are a whole host of other issues,,all the best, we were ALL newbies once...Ask away in my book, BUT after getting a handle on the site and the way we operate, U will find most of what u need has already been asked more than once...:-D ....Oh... and be polite no need for the ********** things, we get your point, no need to get huffy here, we all have the same interest.....

Last edited:

Michael

The only person I can remember getting sh** had a gun ring with a 50 cal replica mounted on it. He was going home from a parade. The interesting read is here on the site somewhere.

dm22630

Was shooting this guy down like that so necessary you *******s? Get real. He asked some perfectly natural questions. How the **** was he to know that he could search and find an answer to every one of his questions in this forum.

Ummm....

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

poppop

Welcome aboard!!! There are not any restrictions on driving it unless you put some kind on tag like antique vehicle on it. Some of them say you can only drive it to shows and some limit the trips or miles you can drive in a given time. Just put regular truck plates on it and if asked for a weight don't exceed 26,000 lbs. There has been some discustion about the air over hydralic brakes. Some say that requires a CDL, I don't know for sure. The rules do say a CDL is required for vehicles with air brakes, but generally if you don't use it to make money I don't think it matters. Most cops will ignor you, some may stop you to look at your truck. I have never been bothered by regular cops on my trips. DOT stopped me one time driving my 5 ton because I did not have my tag displayed. I do not have a CDL but am a farmer and as such I can drive any truck within 150 miles of my farm hauling my own products. Be prepared for the ladies to wave at you as well as a lot of truckers. I have even been saluted by Soldiers in Humvees going the opposite way as me. My advice is get one and have fun!!!!

mangus580

Yes... 5 minutes of browsing through the deuce forum, and/or searching, would have answered all his questions quite well. Will give him much better education than in just one thread.

And if you want to resort to censored name calling.... you are going to have problems here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time for a hijack. Hey Joseph, are all the M275A2 tractors gone from Colemans?
Back to your regularly scheduled conflict.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Sir. Doubt they would sell me the fuel tank, it's kinda critical to operation.
Back to your regularly scheduled conflict.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks