• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2c tailights

pigpen60

I couldnt figure out how to search for this so..I have a 1974 AMGeneral M35A2C that has had the bed swapped to the fixed side cargo bed, Now the questions is when did the swap from the metal light buckets to the composite buckets? When i got the truck it had one old style metal bucket and reflector mounted under the bed and and a pair of composite tailights mounted to the frame. when did they move the mounting location?

stb64

the new composite lights replaced the small older style lights in 1970, on almost all M- series vehicles, exceptions i know of are the gama goat, some armored vehicles, and some semitrailers.
the mounting location changed from bed mounted position to frame mounted around 1960.
the 1960 tm for the M35A1 shows the frame mounting location, the older 1954 tm for the M35 gasser shows the bed mounting position.