• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 brake fluid

SEAFIRE

In case you didn't know, [FONT=&quot]DOT 3 and DOT 4 specifications are for glycol based (regular) brake fluid, while DOT 5 is for silicone based brake fluid[/FONT].

Another local VFD used regular brake fluid in their deuces and eventually completely fried the brake systems in both of their trucks.

We get DOT 5 from NAPA and we've also gotten some 5-gallon buckets from the local National Guard.

DOT 5 silicon brake fluid
MIL-B-46176
MIL-B-46176B

[FONT=&quot]Also do not use DOT 5.1 either.....

Hope this helps.......
[/FONT]

Steaminjim

You might pull one of the wheel brake cylinders on each vehicle and evaluate how much brake work each needs. Came as a big surprise to me.
RGRG on the surplus DOT 5 - you can't afford DOT 5 from the local auto parts store.

marcinsandpoint

if you need some DOT 5 there is a guy on the west coast that has it by the gal. in the original gal metal containers NOS.. i just went over and got 2 gal from him last week ..
PM me if you need the number

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks