• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 exhaust

Bolkbich

well this weekend i took the muffler off my m35a3. i installed a straight pipe. the truck was on the loud raspy side,too loud for me and i like loud stuff. if it made a power difference it wasnt much. then i put a 4"resonator in place of the straight pipe ....much better, sounded good but like the straight pipe no noticeable power gains. this was with an empty truck, alot of diesel mods are much more noticable loaded than empty. the hose that goes from the air filter to the exhaust i believe is to help purge the dust separator . i could very well be wrong but the pipe in the exhaust is positioned to create a vacuum in the hose. i havent turned anymore fuel to the 3116 . when i do im sure a less restrictive muffler will run better.