• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Fuel Pump/Prime Issue

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy to hear that you got it running! I hope it's awhile before I have to dive into my truck's fuel system, though. This didn't seem like an easy task!
I feel like I have a much better understanding of the truck now despite the seemingly poor choices in design. I'm tempted to tinker on my parts A3 but the body is so far gone it may be wasted effort. I did enjoy the community involvement and hope everyone enjoyed the ride.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel like I have a much better understanding of the truck now despite the seemingly poor choices in design. I'm tempted to tinker on my parts A3 but the body is so far gone it may be wasted effort. I did enjoy the community involvement and hope everyone enjoyed the ride.
I do not know there is always some body that would kick off the cab and bed and put a limousine body on it.

HDN

One of the things to remember about the M35A3 is that is was designed to maximize the use of recycled M35 parts to help it supplement the initial FMTV delivery, so there are compromises made with some stuff like the CTIS implementation on existing Rockwell axles, the automatic transmission having to fit without moving the transfercase back, and 365/80R20 tires so that one super single could fit in the traditional spare tire location with minimal modification and have no rubbing between the tandem axles. So some design decisions that may not make sense were compromises to deliver a modernized truck cheap.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks