• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 RPM Question

copperhead10

Hey guys, just purchased my first A3 from a private seller. Drove home sunday, 11 hours and I am here! Seller suggested 2500 RPM Max, but was wondering if it was ok to run at 3000 RPM's? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a Cat 3116. You better check carefully or it will go boom. The internet says 2500-2800 but don't take my word for it. Find the TM and read it, go only by what that says.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they are goverened at 2500 rpm, in the M35A3.

Westech

CPL
no there goved at 3k. I just picked one up last month for a member. At 3k your right about 56 MPH. Hold it to the floor and leave it.
I hate it when I hear you old farts say " dont drive it past 1500 RPM or she will blow" look its goved for max road speed. Hold it to the floor and leave it. I drove my Deuce with a LDS injection pump all day at 2900 RPM and the truck is still on the road getting the tar beat out of it. I remember it was a witch hunt when I installed that pump and drove it all over the USA at 2900 RPM.

Last edited:

rwoods

-10: Operating rpm 2700. HP rated rpm 2700. Do not exceed while in gear rpm 2700. Mine are more comfortable at 2200. However, each will easily run 56mph. Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks