• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 Soft top dye/paint?

Old Duece 53

Ive got a M35a3 in the shop being painted blue. The cab top is green. Can this be dyed or painted? I think dying it black may be possible? Otherwise I was thinking a custom cover similar to a boat cover could be made to snap easily snap on/off? Any suggestions? Thanks

Woodsplinter

Try talking with Mona Roth at New Life Canvas. I bought my canvas cargo cover from her and she is very helpful. As they make all of their canvas products, she may be able to help.

www.newlifecanvas.com

218-564-4814

Let us know if you find a solution- many others have faced the same problem but usually with vinyl.

Old Duece 53

Try talking with Mona Roth at New Life Canvas. I bought my canvas cargo cover from her and she is very helpful. As they make all of their canvas products, she may be able to help.

www.newlifecanvas.com

218-564-4814

Let us know if you find a solution- many others have faced the same problem but usually with vinyl.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, It looks like they have experience with Military vehicles. I have another custom canvas shop I am going to check with as well. Will post any findings.

SteveKuhn

If my canvas was in good shape, I'd seriously consider having one made in the color I wanted rather than trying to dye or paint it. If there are preservatives on it (and you might not be able to tell), it could tend to reject the color change material.

In addition to New Life, there's WeeBee Webbing and Beechwood to try. All do MV canvas.

If it was crappy, I might give it a try but then why bother with a crappy top?

Steve

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you not like the green? I am pretty sure that's what color the A/F trucks tops were.

Old Duece 53

Thanks for the info. We checked with New Life Canvas as a friend also had them make a top for his m37 and was told they hadnt done a top for the m35 in the past and was busy with a wedding or something. We decided to try painting it for the short term as we have some upcoming parades/events and it will work for now. When the weather warms up a bit we will see what custom options are available and ill report back. As you can see from the picture a green top wouldnt match.. not your typical paint job for a deuce!
blueduece.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I never thought an A3 could get uglier, I was wrong!

The work you did looks good, just dunno about gloss paint on the A3.

:)