• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 trailer harness extension

wmmscott

I own the M35A3. Sometimes I pull 2 trailers for our local Boy Scout Council. They own a Field Kitchen trailer and a 500 gal. water buffalo. I tow them together - both empty to some of the remote areas where they have to feed large groups of Scouts. I would like to find a wiring harness, or components to make one, so that I can plug trailer lights of the rear trailer into the front trailer, which will then be plugged into the truck.

I guess if I could find the truck mounted cable end, with a 10-12' cable, I could run it from the back of the field kitchen to the wiring junctions at the fron of the field kitchen.

Where can I find such a plug and cable, or am I just over thinking this thing?

I'm not worried about the brakes for the last trailer. It will not have water in it until I get to our destination and then unhook everything, and then go fill the water tank.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find the rear truck plug often on Ebay/sometimes with the related wires in it. Do a search there for "military trailers". skim through that stuff and usually you will find it - sometimes it will be just single pieces - the end cover, and then the plug itelf. when buying the plug, make sure it has the rear gromet and its cover cap. Sometimes new plugs are offered, but without the rear gromet & screw cap.

Tying it into the trailers junction box would be good, or just splice it (Use heat shrink) in there by the trailers tail lights. I would want it done right...... BO lights too. Might as well do the brakes back to there too, since its for the Boy Scouts - it should be safe, in case something happens. Seems like i remember the motto is "Be Prepared"

papakb

trailer wiring

The trailer receptical on the M151 is a simple socket with short wires attached that could be spliced into the rear of whatever trailer you pull directly connected to the M35's pintle. All you'd have to do is to match up the numbers and you'd be good to go.

Kurt