• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 USMC Paint Scheme

jpinst

I have a 1999 M35A3 that was formerly of the TN Air National Guard.

I would like to paint it to match my USMC M998 1025 HMMWV.

Any ideas where I can get picts or diagrams of this.
Thanks in Advace.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to make sure that the USMC even used that truck. I don't think they did. So, if you are striving for accuracy, there may not be anything that accurately represents a USMC M35A3. As a matter of fact, I am almost positive that the Marines did not use that truck. Check with HALFTRACK (Jason). Regardless, the camo that is on the truck should be standard for the truck regardless of which branch used it.

jpinst

Hmmm...well its the truck used in my avitar.

Would you recommend just touching up the rough spots then (as pictured), as if I understand you correctly, all branches of service that used the ruck would have the same paint scheme? It would only be some markings that would designate the branch.

It was just delivered yesterday. Let me upload a few picks. :arrow:

Attachments

FrankUSMC

The Marines never got the M35A3, by the time that truck came out the Marines had gone completely to 5 tons.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, another So Cal guy! Man, you are close, I'd love to come drool on your truck sometime as would some of the other locals. Welcome! I'm at the top of the 605 freeway, where about in LB are you?

jpinst

Well, I am on 2nd street but I keep the truck at my dad's warehouse in costa mesa near the airport.

There are a lot of things on that truck that I have no idea how to use, especially the tire inflation system. But it all works and has the CAT turbo motor, with only 5000K on it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to hook up! Have you driven it at all yet? There might be a TM in the TM section here that covers the CTIS. I would think that the 5t and deuce stuff would be the same as to that. There I go thinkin' again!

jpinst

Is there anyplace interesting to drive these things around you/ I drove it around the block, but only got insurance on it today from USAA, and will take it to be registered next week at a service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks