• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Wheel Quotation is 'in'

readyman

""M35A3 wheels.
Has anyone had any luck with (Kelsey)Hayes Lemmertz? The Gov't orders 50,000 at a time! (every 6 months or so), you would think the economies of production would keep that cost the lowest for any rim, anywhere.
AH wheels is the 'dealer', but I've gotten nowhere since September '05. Sent my company PO's for quantities of 10-100 but those numbers are still too small for even a quote! They stock em for the Gov't, and will sell em too, can't even get a price tho.
We need to buy direct from Hayes Lemmertz tho, I'll bet there's a 50% markup at the dealer level.fax
I fax a rfq every month, I'll keep on it. Group buy? ""

(After three months)
From the gov't supplier(gov't is still buying a ton of 'em).

Return fax RFQ finally came in @ $695 each (not including shipping @ 120lbs each). So let's see... 7 wheels = about $4900+ shipping.

I'll pass on this one...
but if someone wants the supplier, pm me. :)

http://ch.hayes-lemmerz.com/html/multipiece_military_wheels.html

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 lug BUDD wheels 22.5" for about $75 each. I'm picking up four this week or next.

I'll take pictures. I already have four with Michelin XDY-1 retreads for the rear. Now all I'm trying to decide is which front tires...

Geez, these tires are EX-PEN-SIVE!

So if your wheels are $700 each and you add a tire that costs AT LEAST $400 per copy, you're at $1100 per wheel/tire combo. That's at least $7700, unless you carry two spares like I will, then it would be $8800.

For my six XDY-1 retreads/wheel included, price is about $325 each. Times six (two spare are retreads) = $1950. Then two NEW Michelin XDE M/S/plus wheels are going to run $500 each. That's another $1000. So total will be about $3000 wheels and tires.

FSBruva

and the two piece A3 wheels are more like what M1075 has for sale... serviceable in the field with meager hand tools, with less likelihood of a ring jumping off... it, as always, comes down to priorities.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks