• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36 Deuce rear driveshaft?

Dead pilot

So I'm looking at this M36 Deuce and it has a missing drive shaft and carrier bearing and I was wondering how hard are those parts to find. Otherwise the truck is pretty good shape. Motor needs to rebuilt and cab needs some work but with look over that is what really stands out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give White Owl Military trucks a try. PH# 252-522-4331 If it needs a motor, I hope your getting it at a good price.

Dead pilot

So no one seems to have a m36 driveshaft. One of them told me the m35 driveshaft would work. But that doesn't seem right cause I though the rear axles were further back then the m35s axles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dead pilot

That's one I need. Haha. It has the front driveshaft and the one from the 2nd axle to the 3rd axle but missing the transfer case to 2nd axle. And that seems to be to pain to find.

Kaiser67M715

You may need to get one made up, get a regular m35 one and get it lengthened

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if you have local driveshaft services available, but I used to use Driveline Services of San Diego located in the Morena area of San Diego for my drive shaft needs. Phone:(619) 275-0150

Rick

Dead pilot

I have a place I've used for another project Oceanside driveline but if they can't do it I'll this place thanks.

Kaiser67M715

forgot to mention, but you probably already knew, but any well supplied driveshaft shop should be able to put in a carrier bearing and extra joint, as they extend an m35 one. So while not 100% stock, it would certainly get the job done,(m36 is 4 ft longer right?, pretty sure that would require a carrier bearing)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I happen to have exactly what you need and since I don't have a M36...... Only problem is distance.:-(

Still, this shouldn't be too difficult to solve there, with a bit of luck and patience.
Here are a few facts:

1) The M36's wheelbase is exactly 36" longer than the M35's (190"vs. 154")
2) The M36's (TC-to-FWD-rear-axle) -driveshaft is a two-section driveshaft, supported via a center bearing asembly, aka pillow block.
3) The rear-section-DS is exactly the same as on every M35 in this world.
4) The front side of the front-section DS is identical to the rear end of the M35 DS. The rear side has no slip-joint but takes that pillow block and a companion flange (#13) which is the same part number as the ones on every Deuce differential (#7521276).
5) The distance between that companion flange(face) and the (#19) front yoke's face is... you guessed it: exactly 3 feet - which is no surprise, of course.

If I had to build me one such "intermediate" driveshaft I would cut a stock M35 DS to correct length and weld it to a splined shaft, possibly a rear output shaft out of a scrapped Rockwell T-case, modded. The companion flange & nut would be there, also. The rest of parts like bearing/bearing support, etc. should be easy to find in most every truck junkyard, and eventually adapt a bit (I think...)

Attached some pics...

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it could... also, this could easily be imported into your country for a super-low tax, as "antique truck parts", which it is.
But... the only carrier we had to ship this would be DHL, and that may cost you several hundreds.

Let me find out how much and PM you back with results.

G.