• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36A3 Solargized for MN climate

Hoefler

Decided to add Solargizers to my A3. Have them on my 5-ton but found they are mostly covered with snow as they are mounted on top of cowl. They also trap water up there which can cause rust. Given the 5-ton panels are laying face up and the winter sun angle up here is so shallow, I decided to mount them to work with Minnesotas winters a little better. Chose the right front fender and mounted at an angle to catch the low sun angle. With a slight tilt, they should shed snow a bit better to allow for maximum light capture. The are also blocked from road debris by the front headlight mounts, yet far enough away to stay out of its shadow.
I have found these things really work and do a good job to keep batteries fresh for hard winter starts. The 5-ton starts in 10 degree weather. With decent sun today, my batteries are getting a nice winter massage.
Pete
IMG_2757.jpgIMG_2756.jpg