• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 101st airborne markings

mrpudgy

I know bumper and Hood markings comes up a whole lot on this site as well as others I have searched far and wide for the information I'm looking for but haven't been able to find it. I have a 1953 army Dodge m37 I would like to mark it with 101st airborne markings because my grandfather was drafted in the Korean war and served in 101st airborne motor pool and I would like to mark it accordingly I really know absolutely nothing about markings and any help would be greatly appreciated
IMG_20221013_173633127.jpg
I'm not sure if this photo of Grandpa would help in any way or form if nothing else it's a cool photo

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like he was helping out with the 40th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Brigade as well (40AAA on the truck bumper in the picture). Picture has to be after 1952 because the M38A1 Jeep in the pic wasn't produced before then.

Any other pics in the album with trucks that could provide clues?

Any clues as to what unit he served with in the 101st? There could be multiple maintenance support battalions.

mrpudgy

Looks like he was helping out with the 40th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Brigade as well (40AAA on the truck bumper in the picture). Picture has to be after 1952 because the M38A1 Jeep in the pic wasn't produced before then.

Any other pics in the album with trucks that could provide clues?

Any clues as to what unit he served with in the 101st? There could be multiple maintenance support battalions.
Unfortunately no that's the only picture I have with any vehicles in it and as to any other clues I have very little information I couldn't even find his dog tags really all I know is that he was in the motor pool and was in the 101st as to which unit he served that's probably lost to history probably just take a good guess and roll with it

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks