• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 1952 carb float

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Folks I have a fairly simple question for you and after searching the forums and not finding what I need I thought to ask? Does anybody have a NAPA # for the carburetor float for my 1952 M-37? It is all military original in the carb area. Thanks very much

Karl

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I do not have a NAPA number. Unless you have a carb number you will not have much luck there. I got my float (new) and needle valve and seat from Vintage Power Wagons, toll free order 1-888-695-0578. Get a needle valve assembly (part number on my package 31-584 over 1501) along with the float. I do not have the float part number but they will have no problem getting it for you. Vintage has a vast parts inventory for these vehicles located in Fairfield, IA.
Regards Marti

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much M543A2 I found a float from Midwest Military and it will be here in the morning! In the meantime I can pull the carb and get it stripped and cleaned and when the float arrives then reassemble and install. I totally agree with you on VPW they along with Midwest military have been extremely great to work with, the only advantage for me concerning MWM is they are one day shipping away from me and John and Dan have been a wealth of information for me on this project!
Thanks again
Karl

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are welcome!
My floats were crushed by ice in the bowl. Probably the result of my step-son some years ago doing a dumb thing. He had hauled a row boat to a lake landing with it and launched it. When he wanted to re-load it he decided to show everyone at the landing how a waterproof military truck worked, you know one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" kind of things. He proceeded to back the truck down the ramp until the rear was in the water about up to the tops of the side rails, water going into the cab, etc. and had his buddy load the boat, tied the bow to the front of the bed then drove out. Needless to say he did not know of the proper procedures for waterproofing, especially closing the vent on the fuel cap. I thought I had all of the water out of it but evidently not. Bummer was when he did things like that he never offered to help correct it.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! I believe my Dad would have been very pissed if I ever did something like that to any of his trucks! After we had the chat about the severe errors in my procedures I would have received a copy of the Lube order with a couple of other pages of tasks that had to be completed on the truck TO INSURE that nothing like that ever happened again! I understand how that can be a little different when its your step son. Nothing ever goes good when its a "here hold my beer moment" only bad things happen after THOSE words are spoken!!!!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks