• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Carb Questions

Allright, I know a carbuerator goes here, but is it a Ball & Ball carbuerator? Was there more than one option for carbueration on this truck? The linkages are shown in the pic as well. What all pieces should I be looking for to install a carb? Sorry, but I have never seen a carbuerator on this vehicle to go by as a pattern! This appears on a 1954 Dodge M37.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

You've got everything you need linkage-wise, now you just need the aforementioned ETW1 carburetor and the air cleaner.
Dont forget the Elbow!!!!

VPW tends to be on the pricy side. Try George at Army Jeep Parts in PA, he usually wants a core to turn in for one of his rebuilt ones but he used to do them on occasion.

You can also try Fred at Adirondack surplus, he may have one.

If you cant locate one, I think I have 3rd laying around, I would probably part with it, its a take out and will need rebuilding, its not that hard, I did mine.

Join the
g741.org

AbnMan

ETW1 carb

Coming to the party late, but what would be a good source for the elbow for this barb?

Thanks in advance;-)

Jim M
1942 Dodge WC 51

M-37Bruce

Sid Beck, Ace Surplus, Victoria, TX, he might have the whole shooting match.
A while back he had boo-ku NOS Breather Elements?

g741@ccwip.net Home: 1-361-573-3276

Home: 346 Raisin Road, Victoria, Texas 77905, USA View map

Good Luck,

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Associated with the air cleaner & tubing that connects it to the carb, are two sets of vent lines that vent the distributer....... I have a mental blockage... and something else. I thought, beside the crankcase.

Lee in Alaska

Capt.Marion

Look at the carburetor pictures in the Org.Maintenance manual- that should show pretty much everything that ever dreamt of being hooked up to the carburetor.

zak

As the Captain said these manuals are some of the best in the MV world. Very well illistrated, they are well worth the investment