• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Carburetor who has a good one.

Charlie 6

Anyone purchased a M37 Carb and had no problems with it? I am looking at purchasing one. Prices vary with each vendor, looking of course for the best one at a fair price. One vendor states theirs are plated, I don't know if this is a plus or not.

Carter

I bought one from Midwest Military and found it was just what was needed and expected, looked and functioned like new. IMHO worth the $$$ spent.
Carter

Attachments

Charlie 6

Carter your M37 engine compartment looks great, better than new. I use to live in Havre de Grace in 1983 when I was stationed at the ORD School. Nice town. I was thinking about going with MidWest. Do you think my old Ball & Ball carb is worth keeping or should I just trade it in?

Last edited:

foxtrk2

i got mine from vintage was 350 and got 100 back for core works great beena year now my brother lives in harve degrace he works at aberdeen

Carter

Carter your M37 engine compartment looks great, better than new. I use to live in Havre de Grace in 1983 when I was stationed at the ORD School. Nice town. I was thinking about going with MidWest. Do you think my old Ball & Ball carb is worth keeping or should I just trade it in?
Thanks Charlie, my truck could look better but it's a 20 plus year old resto and gets used so it looks the way it does.

News photos | Entertainment pictures, news photos and events images

Don't know about your carb but if it's not behaving correctly swaping it out for a reworked one is not a bad idea or you could buy a rebuildable core and send that in for trade on a good one then with a quality kit do your old one yourself to have a spare.

vtdeucedriver

In the world of ethanol and living with a short summer, Spare and ready to go carb is a must with a rebuild kit on the shelf for the old one.

GUNNY 155

Call John at MW Military. He has rebuilts and I believe he just recently scored a bunch of used ones. He has kits too so if you are good at rebuilding keep yours as a spare. I keep both a carb and fuel pump on the shelf.