• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 doors

JT Wood

Hey guys.
I'm currently on the lookout for my first MV. I'm leaning m37 or m135/m35.

I found an m37 close by that is a runner. Amazingly it has almost no rust. It looks to be in pretty good sharp body wise. The questions I have are
1. The roof is damaged. Apparently the shop where it was kept collapsed and damaged the roof and the hood slightly. The result is the window on the drivers door window seems to be wiggly. I don't know if the 2 are related. But I can really pull the window away from the roof 1" when the for is closed. Can these doors be rebuilt?

Is it worth 4k?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doors can be rebuilt, prices depend on where they are located. I personally would say rust is my biggest issue when looking at them.

Juskatla

The window parts inside the door are available. Wiggly side windows can be wear and after 40yrs out of the military, most have not been maintained. There are lots of these trucks around in various states of disassembly out there. Doors are often in bad shape with the bottoms rusted out. Replacements from dry climates are your best bet if they can be found. US trucks are the same as CDN except for the engine, transmission and pto if a winch was fitted. Is it a Canadian model? Serial numbers should tell you if it is. For price, if its reasonably rust free in the bed floor and cowl vent areas, has the original 251 power plant and 24V ignition, you will be in the range. Non runner, major work, would be less because of the unknowns. For comparison, check the powerwagon site photo classified pages or the G741 M37 web site. Lots of members here are also on these web sites. Have fun....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks