• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 experts

rizzo

I am thinking of buying this truck. I have always wanted a M37

here is the info:

still all orignal as far as i can see.

flat head stright 6 runs good not a miss in it.

4 speed & reverce

4 wheel drive works.

good breaks, lights work,

PTO driven wench on the front.

drive it home

value????

Attachments

Carter

Looks like the orig. 24 volt generator and the fan belt have been replaced with non standard parts also it has civ. plugs and wires. Is it 12 volt? 2K sounds about right.

Capt.Marion

Not a B1, as there are no bolts or bolt holes forward of the driver's door to indicate a door-mounted spare tire carrier, which was on EVERY B1. 2k sounds right to me. Go over there, take a look at it, drive it some, and go from there.

M-37Bruce

Definitely not a B-1....the ff's have seen better days.
12 volt for sure, looks like a by-pass over the water pump & a hose to no where on the passenger fender well?

Carter

M-37Bruce said:
Definitely not a B-1....the ff's have seen better days.
12 volt for sure, looks like a by-pass over the water pump & a hose to no where on the passenger fender well?
Bruce, the hose to no where might belong to that heater? under the glove box.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel pump has probably been swapped out too. It would take a lot to put it back, even close to original. Depends on what you want it for.

Lee in Alaska

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone has done an awful lot of modifying as others have mentioned. The professionalism of these modifications will determine how dependable the truck will be, and how satisfied you will be with it. The left front headlight mount at the fender looks quite shaky. If you lose ground to these, you will burn out bulbs with regularity. Since the heater is disconnected, it can be assumed to have a bad core. As was said by others, it depends on what you are wanting the truck to be. If you want a more original truck, you might be better off to look for another one at a slightly higher price which would be more dependable and easier to get parts for. However, if you are good at mechanic work and have a limited budget, you might find it fits for you. Just have both eyes very open as you look at it, and ask a lot of questions. I would say the $1500 range is right.
Regards Marti

Capt.Marion

Definitely start at $1500. If it's been rewired... lets just put it this way, I've completely taken the front end of my truck apart and put it back together, and I still haven't undone more than 1/2 of all the South-Carolina-Swamp-engineering that has been done to it in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks