• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 fire wood haul

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son's '53 M37 came in handy yesterday when we got some locust firewood out of the woods. It just started snowing and the fresh snow on top of the leaves made it a bit slick at times, especially on the 30% grades, but the truck performed well as usual and got the job done.

Attachments

undysworld

No pix, but that's what I use my M35A2 for too. I got 5 loads with it this summer. It's the only time she gets to grunt anymore! Fully loaded, it's about all we can do to get up a couple hills in 2nd gear. But it's hauling about 10 times the load my Toyota can do. :-D

For guys who only drive them to parades, good for you. But I still think it's just as much of a compliment to see them being used for what they were built: HARD WORK.

Just my 2 cents worth...

68t

thanks for the pictures, looks great. the other day my nephew come by with his 53 m37 pulling a 105 trailer, had both stack with fire woods. i should of took a picture to post. we us locust for fence post in the old days. they last for ever. are you going to get the big snow in the next day.i watch the weather channel all the time. :-D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the pictures, looks great. the other day my nephew come by with his 53 m37 pulling a 105 trailer, had both stack with fire woods. i should of took a picture to post. we us locust for fence post in the old days. they last for ever. are you going to get the big snow in the next day.i watch the weather channel all the time. :-D
Yeah, we got some of that snow. :)

Love locust, used it for a 300' rail fence, flag pole, and 3ea pipeline truck beds and many other things. The small "trash" pieces makes excellent firewood.

Attachments

M-37Bruce

Good Work

And great pic's of the work too! Man I am not on the bus w/burning locust wood, the smell is the worst! We are still getting the snow, we had snain for a few hours earlier this am. Another 4-8 inches today.

citizensoldier

I wish the camera did not freeze up when I pulled Alredneck out my drive last week using Argyle my Euro chained R2 ! She dug in and pulled with ease a quad cab Intertrashional with a partially loaded 40' gooseneck through the pines,up hill and out the drive in some seriously snotty snow and ice.. I think Captain was impressed maybe he will chime in..

citizensoldier

Well the wife did manage to get a couple before the camera puked out as you can see in the last one. I sure wish she was able to get one when I was pulling the whole thing out after I got him straightened out.. I told him he would not make it..Oh well I had fun in my truck..

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Nice pictures! Going to be doing that this winter/spring with mine on my buddy's uncles property (IF I get the brakes done!)

Looking foward to it, as ONLY a power wagon would be able to get out there!

maplehillfrm

not a MV, but I need one soon, here is what I do with all the trailers I bought, neighbors thought,think, I am nuts, but sure is easy[ier] to handle that wood one time,,, these trailers sure hold alot of wood,, 4 cord??? maybe a bit better if stacked high,, nice pics guys, pat

I even got my 12 yr old saying we need a deuce,, I love it, startem early,, I need to sell one of my tractors I guess, anyone need a farm tractor????

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the storm past, we had over a foot of snow on the ground and Adrian was eager to drive his M37 again. We have nothing but hills around here and most of the driving is downhill from where we park out vehicles, so you take a chance leaving since you have to climb some hill getting back no matter what. He took off and had some trouble in the 20% grades so installed the chains in the rear only. Pictures show him in a nearby field, where he was unable to steer on a side slope and only after backing up to get the nose pointing uphill, could he make progress. Once out of the field the return trip was routine.

Image of a couple of the chickens show two of six that were brought up since June, when we incubated eggs from the two older chicks we have had for years (reduced to two after a bear got one). We now have eight chickens that are allowed to free range and are locked up at night. One baby chick was taken by a black snake.

Attachments

thanks for the additional pics Bjorn.

chains can make the difference when used with a little common sense.

trying to navigate grades with ice and snow can be a challenge to say the

least!

I have never had trouble here in MI with the law about running chains on the

public highways.

they have laws here against studs for the common vehicle but i havent found

any thing against chains.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Ooooooohhh snakes are Daves favorite! :-D Hey Maplehillfarm.. I have found that with the sides up on a M105 I can get 6 face chord in one trailer.. Thats allot of mobile dry storage for fire wood. I fill two of them and one deuce and park them just off my deck so I can run out in my skivies and get wood when needed.. lol..
Dave you must have been tired that day you only loaded it half way?? maybe your back was tired..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks