• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 inner door handle

sparky78

Hi I just bought a 1962 M37B1 . The inner door handle on drivers door needs to come off so I can repair door latch . I have manual tm 9-8030 but it shows nothing about door handles . Any help would be great . Thanks

Bill W

Push back the ( round) spring loaded escutcheon thats between the lever and the door panel and then push out the pin that holds the lever to the shaft

Mike_L

Yeah, that threw me for a loop the first time I tried to do it. Took me a while before I figured out that ring slid back to reveal a pin.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure when you reinsert the pin when you reinstall the handle, to take care and line all the holes up before you push on the pin too hard or you will gall up the edge of the pin, or the inside edge of the hole in the handle. Ask me how I know. Taking it off ain't too hard, but putting it back together is something that will seem to require three hands.

sparky78

Thank you !!!! Wow what a place to hide pin . I knew there must be a way to seperate the handle and had moved bigger ring but not smaller ring . You guys are life savers . I just joined Steel Soldiers and boy am I glad I did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks