• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 photos 1957-1960 era - Korea

dcbrown

My father in law served in Korea, with the 21st Artillery, 1st Cav. Div. (HQ Medical Section), from about 1957-1960. He brought his photo album over and I found a couple shots of M37s. The M37 from his section is hown, with trailer, under camouflage netting. In one photo, it's just about invisble. In the other, you can see how they have stuck the support poles into the driver's side wheel wells and this allowed the net to be extended out beyond the side of the truck several feet. This was to create a shape that was larger than the truck and add to the irregular shape if viewed from the air. In another photo, you can see what appears to be maybe a commo variation of the M#&. It has a box on the back and, interestingly, it looks like the spare is mounted on the passenger side of the box, about chest high...? Just thought you guys might find these useful for reference or just interesting.

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Awsome pictures,

I wish the one with the radio shelter was larger, that looks like the radio shelter I have S-152. I really like the radio shelter unit with the cammo net

Thanks for posting them !

Eric..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks