• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Picking in Alabama

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
1943halftrack (SS name) got wind of an M37 hiding in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Today he, Marvin and I made a mounted attack on said AO and he bought himself a pretty darn nice M37 at what I consider a cheap price with no haggling.

It's missing the tailgate, 1 tool box door, tow pintle and a few minor odds and ends which I'm sure we have laying around somewhere.

We swept the gunk out of the bed and it's amazingly in good shape.

Engine condition is unknown but the engine/drivetrain is complete.

Here's a couple of pics: (the white spots are not bird poop!!! It's the sun shining thru the tree it's under!)

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimma

I just bought one tonight West of Atlanta. I will post pics and info on Thursday. I just got home with it and its 1:21 AM. Im going to bed.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Your truck has more original parts on it than mine did at purchase. Good save!
The feller we got it from didn't know alot about it other than it sat for about 20yrs. His dad used it on the farm when he was a kid.

I saw zero rot except a couple of dime sized holes in the bed floor from the leaves and gunk that has been there for years. Also some light surface rust on top of the hood.

All the usual places an M37 "rots" are solid as a rock!

Clutch works, t-case and trans shifts.
1943halftrack has already found a rebuilt engine with trans and t-case attached so he is well on his way to having an outstanding ride!!:D

68t

Thanks papabear for the nice pictures. Well its a good find. I am glad 1943 halftrack is find a lot of nice m.v. He is a great person. [He,s the man] :smile:

majorhitt

Is it a M37CND? The hard top with the slider rear window looks like the one on my M37CND. Great find. Show us some follow up photos.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well it will be a good weekend for 1943HT in Wisconsin!!
Today his contracted hauler raided the CAMO compound and picked up all his goodies!!

Kinda sad to see them go. Wish he would just come back down here!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks